Meet the Home SOULutions Team
Owner / Operator
When he is not suited up in safety gear to work on a home remediation or abatement project, you will find Roy Piper driving around town in his eye-catching 1977 orange Chevy StepSide. Either way, he is bound to have a big smile on his face! As co-owner of Home SOULutions Remediation, Roy brings 20 years of renovation, restoration and remediation experience, backed with extensive industry-specific training and certifications, to the business.
Although Roy’s knowledge of asbestos abatement is extensive, his specialty is helping homeowners address issues relating to mould, home humidity, ventilation, and air quality. Customers rave about how Roy is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable; and that it is obvious he takes pride in both his work and his business.
Roy was born and raised in Pickering, Ontario and then lived in Calgary for 25 years. Having seen more than his fair share of snow and cold, it’s no surprise he thoroughly enjoys life on the ‘wet coast.’ You will find him in shorts year-round. Roy believes that the Vancouver Island is the best place to work and play. He is an experienced diver and enjoys camping with Corae – his partner in business and life.
- Mold Recognition, Assessment & Control (MBLab)
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician – AMRT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Strategies for Mold Investigations & Sampling (EMLab P&K)
- Fungal Data Interpretation (EMLab P&K)
- NIOSH 582 Sampling & Quantitating Airborne Asbestos (McCrone Microscopy Research Institute)
- AHERA Building Inspector 3509-17-C12-6732 (Cole & Associates / AREC Environmental)
- Asbestos Worker Certification (Cole & Associates)
- Alberta Asbestos Occupational Health & Safety Certificate (Pinchin West)
- Level I Thermography (Infrared Training Center)
- Water Damage Restoration – WRT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Applied Structural Drying – ASD (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Restorative Drying 201 (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Odour Control Technician – OCT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration – FSRT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods – TDG Surface (BC HazMat)
- Spill Response 100 – Workplace Level 1 (BC HazMat)
- Confined Space Defined (HazMasters)
- Health & Safety Technician – HST (I.I.C.R.C)
- OFA Level 1 First Aid (St. John Ambulance)
- WHIMIS 2015 (St. John Ambulance)
A whiz with computers and communications, Office Manager Naomi Kerr supports the Home SOULutions team in all aspects of office administration and customer relations. Naomi’s experience running a small business of her own, combined with multiple business administration certificates, contributes a valuable skill set to the company’s growth.
Acquiring industry-related skills, Naomi achieved high marks at the McCrone Microscopy Research Institute taking the Asbestos Fiber Counting course (NIOSH 582) and has also attended an Asbestos Safety course at BC HazMat.
Born in New Brunswick, Naomi grew up on Southern Vancouver Island, then raised her children in Smithers. Back to Vancouver Island in 2011, she lives and represents Home SOULutions in the Campbell River area. Naomi is engaged to be married and welcomes three more children to her family.
When not managing an expanding family, Naomi and her fiancé, ‘Chuck’, spend time at their cabin on Quadra Island. She loves to kayak, fish and hike. She also makes occasional attempts to be musical with guitar, mandolin, and piano.
Marketing & Accounting
Every successful enterprise needs someone working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that it runs smoothly. At Home SOULutions Remediation Ltd, that person is co-owner Corae Bracken. A hard working multi-tasker, Corae brings an extensive background in small business administration and marketing to the team. She also possesses an Asbestos Fiber Counting Certificate (NIOSH 582) from the McCrone Microscopy Research Institute, and an Asbestos Safety Certificate from BC HazMat.
Community support is important to Corae. Two of Home SOULution’s favourite charities are Habitat for Humanity Vancouver Island North and the 4Rs Education Society. As well, Corae is proud to be a member of Soroptimist – meaning ‘best for women’. Soroptimist is a service group that works to improve the lives of women and girls both locally and worldwide.
Originally from Ontario, she moved to Vancouver Island in 1978 and states that should qualify her as an ‘islander.’ Corae likes to travel to warmer places and loves to snorkel. She is a dog lover and dotes on her mild-mannered Rottweiler. Corae and ‘Pia’ have not only achieved a Canadian Conformation Championship and a Siegren Conformation title but have also earned the Canine Good Neighbour title.