Meet the Home SOULutions Team
Roy and Kali
Operations Manager & Owner
As co-owner of Home SOULutions Remediation Ltd., Roy brings 20+ years of renovation, restoration and remediation experience, along with industry-specific training and certifications, to the business.
Although Roy’s knowledge of asbestos abatement is extensive, his specialty is helping homeowners address issues relating to mold, home humidity, ventilation, and mold prevention. Customers rave about how Roy is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable, and that it is obvious he takes pride in both his work and his business.
Roy was born and raised in Pickering, Ontario, and then lived in Calgary for 25 years. Having seen more than his fair share of snow and cold, it’s no surprise he thoroughly enjoys life on the ‘wet coast.’ You will find him in shorts year-round. Roy has lived on Vancouver Island for the past 12 years and life is good for him here. He is an experienced diver, likes to fish and just adores his wild little rottenweiler, ‘Kali’.
- Mold Recognition, Assessment & Control (MBLab)
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician – AMRT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Strategies for Mold Investigations & Sampling (EMLab P&K)
- Fungal Data Interpretation (EMLab P&K)
- NIOSH 582 Sampling & Quantitating Airborne Asbestos (McCrone Microscopy Research Institute)
- AHERA Building Inspector 3509-17-C12-6732 (Cole & Associates / AREC Environmental)
- Asbestos Worker Certification (Cole & Associates)
- Alberta Asbestos Occupational Health & Safety Certificate (Pinchin West)
- Level I Thermography (Infrared Training Center)
- Water Damage Restoration – WRT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Applied Structural Drying – ASD (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Restorative Drying 201 (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Odour Control Technician – OCT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration – FSRT (I.I.C.R.C.)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods – TDG Surface (BC HazMat)
- Spill Response 100 – Workplace Level 1 (BC HazMat)
- Confined Space Defined (HazMasters)
- Health & Safety Technician – HST (I.I.C.R.C)
- OFA Level 1 First Aid (St. John Ambulance)
- WHIMIS 2015 (St. John Ambulance)
Riley and Naomi
Not only does Naomi Kerr support the Home SOULutions team in all aspects of office administration and customer relations, she works closely with Roy on project management and crew scheduling.
Naomi knows the remediation business and has acquired industry-related skills. She has taken Asbestos Safety Training, completed the Asbestos Fiber Counting course (NIOSH 582) at the McCrone Microscopy Research Institute, and attended several workshops on mold.
All this, combined with previously running a small business of her own, makes her an extremely valuable team member. She is referred to as Roy’s #1.
Born in New Brunswick, Naomi grew up on Southern Vancouver Island, then raised her children in Smithers. Back to Vancouver Island in 2011, she lives and represents Home SOULutions in the Campbell River area. Naomi is engaged to be married and welcomes three more children to her family.
When not managing an expanding family, Naomi and her fiancé, ‘Chuck’, spend time at their cabin on Quadra Island, where she loves to kayak, fish, and swim. Naomi is also happy to be a member of 100 Women Who Care Campbell River.
Danica’s photo is coming soon!
Public Relations & Office Assistant
Although Danica Prowse is new to Home SOULutions Remediation Ltd., she is no stranger to the world of renovations and construction. Not only does it run in the family, she possesses her first-year carpentry ticket. However, with three children, she is more than happy to be working in a flexible position helping in the office and conducting public relations for Home SOULutions. She represents Home SOULutions Remediation at business networking meetings in Comox Valley and Campbell River. All the staff are pleased to have Danica as a team member, and she is learning lots about hazardous materials such asbestos and mold. Danica has lived on Vancouver Island her whole life. When she isn’t running after her children, you will find her chasing 13 chickens, two dogs and a duck around her Royston property. Danica is also a proud volunteer in our community and helps with the Lush Valley Food Action Society.
Corae and Pia
Marketing & Owner
Every successful enterprise needs someone working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that it runs smoothly. At Home SOULutions Remediation Ltd., that person is co-owner Corae Bracken. Corae brings a background in small business administration, marketing, graphic design and bookkeeping to the team.
Community support is important to Corae and she is a proud Soroptimist – meaning ‘best for women’. Soroptimist International of Courtenay is a service group that works to improve the lives of women and girls both locally and worldwide. She takes this into their business and ensures pay equity among their staff.
Corae moved to Vancouver Island in 1978 as a child, and states that should qualify her as an ‘islander.’ She has owned and worked with rottweilers for 20+ years and is shown here with ‘Pia’. Pia—and Corae—achieved a Canadian Conformation Championship, a Siegren Conformation title and earned the Canine Good Neighbour title. ‘Sweet P’ was a sweet soul and is missed by all.