Just received this message as a LUSH Valley Member. Although CP-SMS is no longer involved in the day-to-day running of LUSH Valley, we are always looking for ways to help promote their work towards better food security for all of us. It is exciting to see the organisation doing so well and presenting such a variety of workshops and events.
LUSH Valley been putting together some new member benefits for you all. As the building renovations have been coming to an end we have been able to clear the warehouse out and set up the Member Pantry and the Equipment Cupboard. There are some upcoming workshops, events and new programs, see details below.
- Member Pantry - Bulk organic and natural foods at a low market up cost. Small or large quantities. Help us expand our inventory. Please see attached price list and instructions.
- Equipment Cupboard - A borrowing and exchange cupboard of kitchen equipment. Come see if we have what you need. Donations of used equipment welcome.
- Pruning Basics 101 - In-door classroom style. Learn the basic botany and tools for fruit tree and berry bush pruning. Wed. Feb, 13 7pm to 8pm with Q & A to follow At LUSH Valley Cost: $10.00. The follow-up outdoor hands-on class will be held on Sunday Feb. 16th and/or 17th. Possible locations are in Comox, Royston and Union Bay. The cost will be $20 for the hand-on class. To register contact LUSH Valley.
- FoodSafe - Upcoming FoodSafe Level 1 course February 18, 9am-6pm. Bring your lunch and a beverage. Cost $80 or $60 for LUSH members. Please register in advance to reserve a spot.
- Conversations on Food: Drop-In Cooking - Beginning February 23rd on the last Saturday of every month LUSH Valley is hosting conversations on food. An informal gathering of community members interested in anything food, coming together to cook, share a meal, discuss food ideas, network, and make action plans. Leftovers will be donated to Food Not Bombs, a local group of volunteers who provide a hot meal downtown on Sunday at 3pm for homeless people. Food donations, community way, and Canadian dollars welcomed and appreciated. For more information contact Cynthia through email@example.com.
- Annual General Meeting - Watch for upcoming details about our AGM in April. We are putting on a dinner and storytelling evening with Brian Brett, author of Trauma Farm.