A local neighbourhood group named the 5th Street Emergency Preparedness Group has organized a Standard First Aid for Industry Level 1 course to be put on by St. John Ambulance in February. They are hoping to recruit more community members to participate.
Please note the following details:
- What: Standard First Aid for Industry Level 1 offered by St. John Ambulance
- Who: Organized by the 5th Street Neighborhood Emergency Preparedness Group
- Where: St. John Ambulance – 107-1742 Cliff Avenue. Corner of Cliff and 17th, near Pizza Hut.
- When: Feb. 9 and 10, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. both days.
- Cost: $80 per person if there are 18 participants. Eight have already committed. $80 is half price for this course due to the fact that it is a neighbourhood initiative.
Please first confirm your participation by January 28 to Angela Holmes, or for more information, please contact the following: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 871-1468.
Once the confirmation of the required number of participants is met, people will be notified. Payment must then be made by January 30 with cheque and made out to Bonnie Mayo, or with cash. Please contact Bonnie first to make arrangements by calling her at 338-2817. Bonnie’s home address is 1048-5th St., Courtenay, B.C. V9N 1L4. Receipts will be issued.
(Payment will be made to St. John Ambulance on that day, but they do not receive payment by individual participants organized by a private group).
From Angela Konkin (Coordinator) - Lake Trail Neighbourhood Connections